Low Sugar Vegan Berry & White Choc MuffinsCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
These delicious vegan muffins certainly do not compromise on taste. There is no added sugar in the muffins, the sweetness comes from the soya milk, raspberries and Three Kings ‘Zero’ White Chocolate Syrup which gives the muffin sponge a delicate, creamy flavour. The coconut and oatmeal in the sponge give it a rich and moist texture, whilst the Three Kings Strawberry Flavour Sauce along with the raspberries, provide a sweet, goey centre. The frosting is smooth, creamy and tangy which comes from the plant-based cream, the yoghurt and Three Kings Strawberry Flavour Syrup. This cake is perfect for a vegan diet or as a sweet treat for anyone.
⦁ 1 x 50g Fresh Berries such as Raspberries
⦁ 100g Self Raising Flour
⦁ 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
⦁ 50g Desiccated Coconut
⦁ 50g Medium Oatmeal
⦁ 5g Poppy seeds
⦁ 40g Coconut oil
⦁ 100 ml Aquafaba (brine from canned chickpeas)
⦁ 100ml Sweetened Soya milk
- For the filling:
⦁ 8 Fresh Raspberries
⦁ 20ml of Three Kings Strawberry Flavour Sauce
For the frosting:
⦁ 75ml Plant-Based Alternative to Dairy Cream (should be suitable for whipping)
⦁ 75ml Plant-Based Yoghurt such as Soya
⦁ 8 Fresh Raspberries
⦁ Sprinkling of Poppy Seeds (1g)
Oven Temperature: 170°C (Fan)/ 190°C/ 375°F/Gas Mark 5
Equipment: 8 paper muffin cases, 12-hole muffin tray, electric hand-mixer
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the aquafaba, soya milk, coconut oil (at room temperature and softened in the microwave for 10 seconds) and the raspberries (N.B fold in the raspberries after stage 3. If you prefer to see some larger pieces of raspberries in the muffins).
- Mix well with an electric hand mixer until well combined.
- Place the paper muffin cases into the muffin tin.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place level scoops of the mixture into each muffin case.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 mins until well risen.
- Place the muffins on a wire rack. Prick each muffin all over with a fork.
- Scoop out the centre of each muffin with a teaspoon and discard the removed sponge piece.
- Spoon Three Kings ‘Zero’ White Chocolate Syrup over the top and into the centre of each muffin.
- Place a whole raspberry in the centre of each muffin (so the raspberry cavity is facing upwards). Fill the cavity of each raspberry with Three Kings Strawberry Flavour Sauce.
- Whip up the plant-based cream with an electric hand mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold in the plant-based yoghurt and swirl in the Three Kings Strawberry Flavour Sauce.
- Place a generous spoonful of the creamy frosting onto each muffin.
- Place a raspberry on top of each muffin and sprinkle with poppy seeds if liked.
- Best served at room temperature but should be stored in the fridge.
Approximate Energy and Macronutrient Information (as per attached Nutrium report)
- (Please note: that the nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a guideline only. The nutritional content of the ingredients varies depending on origin, manufacturing and storage processes and brand)
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories196
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10g 50%
- Sodium 125mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.