Low Calorie Strawberry Bagel PuddingCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
This reduced calorie version of this delicious dessert doesn’t compromise on taste. It still has layers of soft, rich, creamy bread pudding layered up with a fruity filling made up of Three Kings Pantry Strawberry Flavoured Sauce and dried strawberries adding texture, but simply omits the butter on the bread and bagels and uses skimmed milk instead of semi. The crispy bagel topping gives a lovely contrasting texture to the fluffy pudding beneath. Three Kings Pantry Donut Syrup adds a subtle sweetness to the custard which covers the bread layers. Serve warm with low-fat Greek yoghurt and more Strawberry Flavoured sauce.
For the base;
⦁ 2 White bagels (sliced in half, top halves only required)
⦁ 4 slices of White bread (crusts removed)
⦁ 2g Melted Butter
⦁ 250ml Skimmed Milk
⦁ 2 eggs
⦁ Small Ovenproof Dish (16cm x 23 cm approx.)
Oven Temperature: 180°C (Fan)/200°C/400°F
- Place the butter in a microwaveable dish and microwave for a few seconds until melted. Brush the melted butter around the sides and base of the ovenproof dish with a pastry brush.
- Place a layer of white bread slices in the base of the ovenproof dish.
- Drizzle some Three Kings Pantry Strawberry Sauce over the bread and sprinkle about a third of the chopped dried strawberries over.
- Repeat the same process with the second layer and then place the bagels on top (cut side down). Add a few more dried, chopped strawberries into the ring of the bagel.
- Place the milk into a large measuring jug, add the eggs and Three Kings Pantry Donut Flavour Syrup, whisk until well combined.
- Pour the egg, milk and syrup mixture all over the bread and bagels.
- Chill in the fridge for about 1-2 hours.
- Remove the dish from the fridge 15 minutes before baking to come to room temperature.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 mins until the bagels are golden and the pudding beneath has risen.
- Serve warm with more Three Kings Pantry Strawberry Flavour Sauce and low-fat Greek yoghurt.
Approximate Energy and Macronutrient Information (as per attached Nutrium report)
- (Please note: that the nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a guideline only. The nutritional content of the ingredients varies depending on origin, manufacturing and storage processes and brand)
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories222
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4g 7%
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 288mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate 39g 13%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 10g 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.