Low Calorie Coffee & Walnut LoafCourse: DessertCuisine: BritishDifficulty: Easy
This tasty loaf makes a perfect low calorie tea time treat. The delicate sweetness comes from the Three Kings Pantry ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Syrup and Camp Coffee (see cook’s notes below). The walnuts add a crunchy texture and are packed with healthy fats and nutrients.The loaf is delicious sliced, toasted and served with lashings of Three Kings Pantry ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the eggs, oil, camp coffee and Three Kings Pantry ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Syrup.
- With an electric hand mixer, whisk until well combined and a smooth consistency.
- Line a 1lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper and thinly brush with vegetable oil.
- Place the loaf mixture into the loaf tin and spread the mixture evenly to the edges of the tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven (170°C Fan) for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out the loaf onto a serving plate, cool slightly.
- Prick the top of the loaf with a fork.
- For the topping, mix the camp coffee with Three Kings Pantry ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Sauce and drizzle all over the loaf.
- Cut into slices, toast lightly and serve with more Three Kings Pantry ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Camp coffee is a syrup flavoured with coffee and chicory as such it is great for using in cooking and baking.
Approximate Energy and Macronutrient Information (as per attached Nutrium report)
- (Please note: that the nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a guideline only. The nutritional content of the ingredients varies depending on origin, manufacturing and storage processes and brand)
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories136
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 119mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.