This is a deliciously sweet, rich and satisfying chocolate and nut, fudge-cake. The Three Kings ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Syrup gives the chocolate sponge a wonderful, fudgy, vanilla flavour. Whilst the Three Kings Maple Flavour Syrup in the frosting, complements the nutty topping, giving that added sweetness you need in a chocolate fudge cake!
Keto Choco-Nut Fudge CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: KetoDifficulty: Easy
This cake is perfect for a low-carb or keto diet, or as a sweet treat for anyone. It’s a partnership made in heaven with a cup of coffee. Enjoy!
⦁ 100g Almonds
⦁ 25g Cocoa Powder
⦁ 1 tsp Baking Powder
⦁ 40g Chopped & Toasted Nuts such as; walnuts or hazelnuts (reserve half for topping)
⦁ 2 Eggs
⦁ 100ml Sunflower Oil
⦁ 50ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
⦁ 40ml Three Kings ‘Zero” Salted Caramel Syrup
- For The Frosting
⦁ 50g Silken Tofu
⦁ 50ml Double Cream
⦁ 10g Cocoa Powder
⦁ 30ml Three Kings Pantry Maple Syrup + more for drizzle
⦁ Chopped & Toasted Nuts such as; walnuts or hazelnuts reserved from quantity above
- Place the ground almonds, 25 grams of cocoa powder, baking powder and 20g of the chopped (and toasted) nuts into a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre; add the eggs, sunflower oil and almond milk.
- Beat well with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a lined, oven-proof tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes – 160°C (Fan) / 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4 until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and prick the top all over with a fork. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon Three Kings ‘Zero’ Salted Caramel Syrup evenly over the surface of the cake. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting; place the silken tofu in a bowl with the double cream, cocoa powder and 30ml Three Kings Maple Flavoured Sauce and whip until smooth with an electric hand mixer.
- Turn the cake out onto a board, so the base is facing upwards. Cut in half width-ways.
- Spread half the frosting evenly onto one half of the cake surface, and sandwich with the other so top of the cake (shiny surface is facing upwards).
- Spread the remaining frosting on-top of the cake and sprinkle with 20g chopped (and toasted nuts) and drizzle with more Three Kings Maple Flavoured Sauce to taste.
- Serve in slices with whipped cream if desired.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 26cm x 19cm x 2cm deep, oven-proof rectangular baking tin (lined with baking paper), electric hand mixer.
Approximate Energy and Macronutrient Information (as per attached Nutrium report)
- (Please note: that the nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a guideline only. The nutritional content of the ingredients varies depending on origin, manufacturing and storage processes and brand)
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories285
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Sodium 83mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.